Monday, September 29, 2008

Genesis


In the beginning was the Word...


- The Book of John 1:1 -



Word following word, I found me words,
deed following deed, I wrought deeds.


- "Odin's Quest After the Runes" -
The Poetic Edda



This blog is dedicated to the words, deeds, poetry and prose of the extended Soulon family.

Soulon is an informal "literary salon" founded by William Mitchell and Tory Savery in the City of Los Angeles, sometime in the late 1990s. It has endured numerous mutations, transformations and peregrinations throughout the interceding years.

This is our electronic bulletin-board. Please display your work (perhaps especially your work in progress); comment on the work of others; and post provocative literary links. Also, keep your eyes peeled for news and updates regarding Soulon events.

Thanks for sharing,

-Steve D-

1 comment:

Nance Broderzen said...

I pondered, "in the beginning, there was the word," and thought, in the beginning of ME, there was the deed...then I contemplated some more...and I realized that my parents definitely exchanged plenty of words before they ever did the deed...so even with ME, who wrote, "Goodbye Genesis," in the beginning, there was the word."