Monday, September 29, 2008

Ocean Invitation by William Mitchell

Come join me at the City by the Sea
And we'll see how great life can be

Come and live with me by the Pacific Ocean
And I'll coat your flesh with suntan lotion

Or we'll look out our window at the sun rise
And I'll see the world reflected in your eyes

You may gaze deep into my adoring face
Perhaps to be reminded of some other place

This is even better than the internet
We're about as close as two can get

We'll wake at dawn and go back to sleep
And later we'll swap secrets to keep

Later still we'll walk among the sands
And I will hold your trembling hands

We'll keep on picking up those good vibrations
While engaging in erotic collaborations

What have we to worry about?
We have what we can't do without

So we'll dwell beside the sea
And we'll let what must be, be.

(with a tip of the cap to Christopher Marlowe's Passionate Shepherd.)